Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grace in Provision

My wife got laid off from her job today...I am not sure that either of us are completely surprised. I am sure that the timing is awful (a ministry organization laying off 2 weeks before Christmas?), but there really is no great time to be laid off.

It is interesting to me that this is the second time that we have faced this issue since our arrival in East Texas almost 4 years ago. Did we not learn what we were supposed to the last time (read this with some sarcasm)? I don't know. Thankfully, we have a roof over our heads, a freezer full of food, our Christmas shopping is done (and paid for I might add!), and we still have some income coming in.

So, just for today, grace is in God's provision right here, right now...and in the hope of God's continual provision. God really is good, all the time and all the time, God really is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment