Friday, October 24, 2008

First Grace, then Love.

Grace, a divine virtue that we encounter daily, is by the most basic of definitions, the "freely given, undeserved favor of God".

Upon Damany’s approach with this blog proposal, I began to think about all of the areas in which the Lord has graciously saved me out of my own my muck and mire, my filthy circumstances where I’ve ended up at the bottom of a pit once again. I became overwhelmed, realizing how unworthy I am of His grace.

When I think about grace shown in the Bible, I’ve noticed that those to whom much grace [and forgiveness] was shown, they, in turn, loved much. I, too, relate to this most recently as I have been shown more grace in the last few months as I had fallen into the deepest “pit” of my life. Through the grace shown by the Lord, I have received new revelations of God’s character and of His love. As I’ve encountered Him, I am in a far better place than I was in the beginning. And my love has grown. I would not understand certain aspects of His character as I do now because He has revealed Himself to me--first and foremost--by His grace.

So what’s the point of this? As these posts continue, in the “in’s and out’s” of our lives, one will see where we fall and where we stand up again; one will eye-witness accounts of where God has given us far greater than we deserve.

We're all stumbling towards the light with varying degrees of grace at any given moment. –Bo Lozoff

No comments:

Post a Comment