Monday, October 27, 2008

Once Again

This is a quick one. 
So I'm just minding my own business right? I just finished eating a pancake, drinking a french press cup of coffee, and thinking about life. Actually, I've been thinking about Jennifer Hudson a lot this weekend and praying for her. Side note. You know, one might think that she is really in need of the grace of God at this moment. I mean I don't think many of us would even dare to imagine what life would be like given the circumstances that she has been forced to accept these past few days. But here's what I think. Though her earthly situation is as crazy as any I've heard of, the grace that's been extended to her from the Father is from the same place that He has extended grace to me today to go to work and sell rugs. By that I mean, His love is so amazingly unconditional that even the darkest days on earth don't move Him to extended special graces and mercies towards us. His love is so complete that in all things and through all things He gives graciously to us everything that pertains to this life and to Godliness without measure. He's as interested in me having the favor to sell a rug as He is in her looking to Him to be the comforter during this dark day for her. And He's provided equally to both of us the ability to make that happen. It may seem unfair to our carnal way of thinking. But of course He doesn't think like you and I do. His is an unconditional love. I hope that makes sense. 

Anyway, back to my pancakes and coffee. I complete my breakfast, check my Facebook, read a very interesting note by one of my friends that I haven't decided yet what I think about it, and then out of nowhere, a dawning comes. By that I mean, I am just aware all over again that God loves me. And when I walk out my front door this morning, I'm going into the world clothed with Grace and empowered by His love. I'm just amazed once again. And I just thought I'd share it. 

A guy in love with Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment